Monday, 3 October 2016

Boho Textile Jewellery.

I have made a few pieces of textile jewellery at the beginning of the summer. It's a great way of adding complimentary pieces to my scarf and bag collections. I have been experimenting with different designs loosely inspired by the chatelaines worn by ladies. They were worn at the waist,a chain suspended with keys and trinkets.


From my South Bank Collection. Shibori dyed silk, glass and cracked agate beads. Works beautifully with a silk scarf and clutch bag for a special evening out.



I had some pretty vintage Abalone beads that contrast beautifully with the Blush Silk in this piece. I have combined hand dyed silk, cracked Agate and bronze seed beads. these are fixed to an burnished copper chain. Perfect with this hand dyed silk wrap and clutch bag.


 As a stand alone necklace this really sings. From a collection of Devore fabric designs "Colour Riot". I've combined them with this wonderful aqua glass to create a real statement piece.

You can find my work on my website which also has a link to my Etsy shop.




Im always looking for inspiration,so,during a day in London, I always have my camera in my bag. The colour and texture in this house in the East End really appealed to the artist in me. Who could resist the peeling paint and crumbling stonework. It could be my next project.


xox see you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my followers so please say Hello. It's great to talk!!